Friday, April 15, 2011

Can you show me the way .....

Sleep is wonderful! I surely needed a full night's rest for today's foot race in the Pere Lachaise cemetery with Esther and Pascale; her with her map of the cemetery and me with my downloaded cemetery iPad app to find the famous graves of Jim Morrison, Sarah Bernhardt, Gilbert Bécaud, Edith Piaf and Oscar Wilde. (See the photo of the tree with all the comments in front of Jim's grave - the title of this blog). What an experience to walk through history in this cemetery. And I must admit that there are some very odd tombs. Oscar Wilde's monument is actually a statue of a sphinx full of lipstick kisses that fans have left as a sign of admiration. No, I did not kiss his tomb.

Pompidou was next with free wifi and a visit to St. Eustache church not far from the apartment.

Spring has sprung in Paris. Leaves are on the trees, the grass is green, tulips are in full bloom.

Esther put on a wonderful spread for supper that we shared with her sister in laws who arrived in Paris today; pate, cheese, baguette, avocado salad, etc. Pascale and I bought 2 flans for dessert and some grapes and very expensive strawberries (we refused to admit to Esther how much they actually cost) which were delicious.


































































































Tomorrow we fly to Vienna. Au revoir Paris. A+

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad




No comments:

Post a Comment